Susanna Shamim, M.A., SPHR
My approach is multi-disciplinary, transferring knowledge from different industries I have had either first-hand experience working or consulting in public sector agencies, publicly held companies, and private companies on management, operational and leadership issues.
I have had many interesting and challenging opportunites, advising established companies with re-positioning through market research, and infrastructure development to keep pace with growth and expansion. For aspiring entrepreneurs and startups I have been a sounding board, refining business models, identifying competitors, as well as sourcing talent to fill new needs.
My recommendations are based on factual data and customized assessments to diagnose organizational development, and cultural change issues. I may deploy interviews with employees, focus groups, and surveys to form a 360 assessment of your organization.
From the variety of organizational changes I have experienced personally, I have gained insight into how organizational changes impact people and how to cope with change and deal with transitions.
Susanna's previously founded and managed a management consulting firm, devising management consulting solutions for public sector agencies, municipal governments, and institutions. Her former experience of two decades includes:
- Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for a $290M subsidiary (18 locations) of a multinational publicly held education company;
- Multiple executive and director positions at a higher education institution-Los Angeles Community College District with over 10,000 employees and annual budget of over $700M.
- Founding Executive Director of a start-up economic development corp., L.A. PROSPER, developing public-private initiatives around workforce development where she developed projects with S.C. Edison and Dreamworks SKG Entertainment.
- Vice President for Regulatory Affairs of a private national education company with locations in 10 states
- Co-founder of four different nonprofit organizations, and Board Member of two.
She holds a Master’s degree from West Virginia University and two undergraduate degrees in Politcal Science and French. Completed Leadership in Business Certificate from Disney Business Institute and postgraduate studies in Human Resource Management from University of California Los Angeles. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources by the HR Certification Institute and is a certified Executive and Professional Career Coach.
Professional Recognition and Affiliations:
Susanna has been recognized for her outstanding coaching 3 consecutive years. LinkedIn has recognized her as Best Coach working with clients in for-profit corporations, non-profit organizations, academic institutions, and entrepreneurs.
For her community service she has received over a dozen commendations from California State Senators, Assembly members, and U.S. Congressional Representatives.
She is an advocate for education and serves on the President's Advisory Board for Pasadena City College and other nonprofit organizations, including Aim High Learning which she co-founded.