Susanna Shamim, M.A., C.L.C., C.P.C.C., SPHR
My approach is multi-disciplinary, transferring knowledge from different industries I have had either first-hand experience working or consulting in public sector agencies, publicly held companies, and private companies on management, operational and leadership issues.. For aspiring entrepreneurs and startups I have been a sounding board, refining business models, identifying competitors, as well as sourcing talent to fill new needs.
My recommendations are based on a 360 assessment to diagnose your organizational development, and cultural change issues. My insight is gained from how organizational changes impact people and how to cope with change and deal with transitions.
- Former co-founder and partner of a boutique management consulting firm in Pasadena, devising management solutions for public sector agencies, small businesses and academic institutions.
- Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for a publicly held education company.
- Multiple executive and director positions at a higher education institution-LACCD with over 10,000 employees.
- Founding Executive Director of a start-up economic development corp., L.A. PROSPER, developing public-private initiatives around workforce development where she developed projects with S.C. Edison and entertainment companies.
- Vice President for Regulatory Affairs of a private education company with locations in 10 states
- Co-founder of four different nonprofit organizations, and Board Member of two.
She holds a Master’s degree from West Virginia University and two undergraduate degrees. Completed Leadership in Business Certificate from Disney Business Institute and postgraduate studies in Human Resource Management from University of California Los Angeles. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources by the HR Certification Institute and is a certified Executive and Professional Career Coach.
Professional Recognition and Affiliations:
Susanna has been recognized for her outstanding coaching 3 consecutive years. LinkedIn has recognized her as Best Coach working with clients in for-profit corporations, non-profit organizations, academic institutions, and entrepreneurs.
For her community service she has received commendations from California State Senators, Assembly members, and U.S. Congressional Representatives.
She is an advocate for education and serves on the President's Advisory Board for Pasadena City College and other nonprofit organizations, including Aim High Learning which she co-founded.